Apple and Date Crumble ( Recipe by @Afeliaskitchen)
This recipe has been brought to you in collaboration with Afelias Kitchen for more exciting recipes please visit: (http://www.afeliaskitchen.com)
Serves – 6
For the filling:
400g apples (weight after peeling and coring)
7 – 8 medjool dates diced
1 tbsp dark brown soft sugar
1 tbsp granulated sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
For the crumble topping:
160g plain flour
50g pecans (blitzed in a food processor)
1. Start by coring and peeling the apples, try to slice them to a thickness of 3 – 4mm. Place in a bowl of cold water with a few drop of lemon juice added to stop the apples browning.
2. Dice the Medjool dates then mix with the drained apple slices. Arrange apple and dates in a dish, sprinkle 1 tbsp of dark brown sugar and 1 tbsp of granulated sugar over, toss with a spoon to coat everything.
3. To make the crumble topping in a large bowl rub 80g butter, 80g sugar and 160g flour together till it represents breadcrumbs. Add 50g of blitzed pecans and mix to combine.
4. Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the apples and dates and bake in a pre heated oven at gas mark 5 for 40 – 50 minutes or until the top of the crumble is golden and the edges of the crumble are bubbling with juices from the apples.
5. Serve hot with your favourite vanilla custard and enjoy!
Posted by Afelia's Kitchen on 04-Feb-2019